Title: Wish You Were Here Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: G Category: SR Keywords: MSR, Pre-Episode fic for Trust No1 Spoilers: Requiem, This is Not Happening, Nothing Important Happened Today and general seasons 8 and 9 Summary: "I wish you were here." Disclaimer: Scully, Mulder, Doggett, Reyes, and William are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No infringement is intended and no money is being made off of this fic. Notes: I got this idea from the song ‘Wish You Were Here’ by Incubus. ~*~*~ Scully walked along the beach, feeling the sand between her toes. The water lapped at her feet as she walked and her hair danced around her face. William was at her mother’s house. She had dropped him off after work and had gone to the beach for some time alone. She needed the quiet and tranquillity the beach provided for her. She needed the sense of security and comfort she felt with the water. She needed a place to think. Scully thought about everything that had happened since Mulder disappeared: William’s ‘gift,’ the super soldiers, the different cases she’d helped Doggett and Reyes with. She thought about how her mother had helped her through everything that had happened. Scully thought about how much she missed Mulder. Looking up into the night sky, she saw a shooting star. She remembered a time that seemed so far away. A time before Mulder’s abduction, before his death, before his resurrection, and before he left to protect her and William. ~*~*~ Mulder and Scully had been walking along the beach when Mulder pointed at something in the sky. "You see that, Scully?" he asked her. "Yes." She replied, unsure of where the question was leading. "It’s a shooting star." Mulder explained to her. "I realize it’s a shooting star Mulder." "Well?" he asked expectantly. "Well what?" "Make a wish!" Mulder exclaimed. "Everyone knows that you’re supposed to make a wish when you see a shooting star." Scully rolled her eyes but complied. "I wish -" Mulder cut her off. "You’re not supposed to make your wish out loud, Scully." He said as if explaining it to a child. "If you say it out loud, it won’t come true, and then you might as well have not made a wish at all." Scully sighed as she closed her eyes, making a wish silently. When she opened her eyes Mulder was staring at her. "What did you wish for?" he inquired. "If I tell you it won’t come true Mulder, you know that." Mulder kissed her lips and took her hand in his as they walked back to the car and drove back home. ~*~*~ Scully smiled at the memory. ‘I wish you were here.’ Scully thought to herself. She sighed. She didn’t even believe that her wish would come true if she wished on the shooting star; she made a wish anyway. ‘I wish you were here to solve cases with. I wish you were here to tell me your theories. I wish you were here to hear me tell you that you’re crazy. I wish you were here to make me work at finding a reasonable explanation.’ She told the stars. ‘I wish you were here to hold me, to kiss me, to care for me, to love me. I wish you were here to see William grow, to help me take care of him, to spend time with him, to be the amazing father I know you would be. I wish you were here with us.’ She pleaded with the clouds. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I miss you. I need you. I want you to come home. Please come home to us." She pleaded with the moon. Scully slowly turned and walked back to the car, praying that Mulder would return soon. ~*~*~ The End.