Title: Shalom Haver: Expressions Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: VAR Keywords: MSR, Character Death, AU Spoilers: Cancer arc. Summary: Part of the Shalom Haver series. It can be found at http://rosfics.tripod.com/rosfic/id10.html Disclaimer: The characters from The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No money is being made and no infringement is intended. ~~~~ Mulder answered the door and was surprised to see Scully standing there, movie in hand. He was usually the one at her door bringing movies and snacks and games for them to play. He stepped away from the door and she entered as he waited for an explanation. "You should be home resting, Scully," Mulder told her. "I was about to come over and see if you wanted something." "You always come over to check on me. I thought I'd take my turn this time and come see what you wanted to do." After putting the movie in the VCR and making herself comfortable on the couch she asked, "You wouldn't happen to have any movie food, would you?" Mulder nodded and walked into the kitchen leaving a nervous Scully sitting on his couch. 'I need to tell him,' Scully thought to herself. 'I can't go on without telling him how I feel.' She sighed nervously. 'How do I do this? When? Where? Now?' she wondered. 'Not now, later tonight,' she decided. Scully banished the thoughts from her mind as Mulder reappeared carrying a bowl of blue Jell-O. He said, "I know its not typical movie food but its the best I could do on such short notice," as he set the bowl on the coffee table and sat down next to her as the movie started. ~~~~ When the movie ended Scully sleepily lifted her head off Mulder's shoulder. "Mulder?" she tentatively asked. "Yeah Scully?" Mulder looked towards her. Scully's eyes conveyed the message she was trying to express, but was afraid to say. He saw love in her eyes, intermingled with fear and doubt. "I know, Scully, me too," Mulder whispered, his hand cupping her cheek. She looked into his eyes and found the same thing. Scully softly exhaled, relieved that she didn't have to tell him; that he knew and felt the same. She stood and kissed his cheek. "I should go. I'll see you tomorrow," she told him, walking to the door. "Tomorrow," he repeated. ~~~~ The End.