Title: Shalom Haver: The Afterlife Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: no. Keywords: MSR, AU, cancerfic, character death Categories: SAR Spoilers: Cancer arc Archive: YES, where ever it might end up is fine as long as the headers stay with it. Summary: Part of the Shalom Haver series. It can be found at http://rosfics.tripod.com/rosfic/id10.html Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine, they all belong to CC and 1013 and FOX... no infringement is intended... Authors Notes: I just want to thank Ali for her midnight beta's and just for being there at the middle of the night...when everyone else was already sleeping, when I needed someone to talk to. ~*~ ~*~ She felt no pain. She was finally at peace. At peace with herself, at peace with her family, at peace with the world. She had no regrets, nothing she would change. She was happy. ~*~ She opened her eyes and looked around. She was in her apartment. But something was different. Actually many things were different. The first thing she realized was that she was no longer in her pajamas. She was wearing jeans, a T-shirt, and socks. No shoes. The next thing she noticed was that her apartment wasn't an apartment anymore. It was a house. A house like she had always dreamed of having when she was a child. It was two stories; her bedroom and three others were on the second floor. One of the bedrooms was a girl's bedroom. There were toy dolls on the shelves and a pink comforter on the bed. She looked around the room, hoping to find a clue as to the girl's identity. She didn't find any. ~*~ She glided down the stairs. ~*~ Downstairs was a big living room/family room, scattered with children's toys and books. She searched around the house, walking through the kitchen, dining room, and guest room and bathroom, looking for the owner of the toys. "Dana!" she heard a familiar voice call. "I'm out here!" She looked around and saw a sliding glass door leading to the back yard. Looking through the glass she found what she had been secretly hoping for. Emily was playing in the play place in the backyard. The swings swayed back and forth in the light breeze. The sand tickled her toes as it made its way through her socks. Emily jumped off the monkey bars and into her arms. "I missed you." Emily told her. "I missed you too Emily." Scully said, hugging her close. "But now he misses you." Emily told her, referring to Mulder. "I know, I miss him too." Scully admitted. "But we'll be together again when the time is right." She finished confidently. ~*~ She carried Emily inside and sat her down on the kitchen counter. Scully kissed Emily's forehead. She went to the refrigerator and got out sandwiches, leftovers from yesterday's lunch. ~*~ They had gone back into the back yard to play. They were both swinging on the swings when Scully heard Mulder's voice. She looked up. She saw him, standing in front of her. "I love you." He repeated; over and over again, tears pouring out of his eyes. "I love you too Mulder. We'll be together again." She told him as she reached out to hold his hand. His image vanished and a tear rolled down her cheek. "You'll be together again soon." Emily told her. Scully smiled weakly. "Let's go back inside." Scully said, leaving her tears and sorrows outside. She could be happy here; would be happy here - as happy as she could be until she and Mulder were reunited for all eternity. ~*~ ~*~ The End.