Title: Safety Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: V Keywords: Missing Scene Spoilers: The Blessing Way Summary: What is Scully’s safe place? Disclaimer: Characters from The X-Files are not mine, they belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions, and FOX. No infringement is intended and no money is being made by using these characters. Notes: This was written for the After_the_Fact Blessing Way challenge. ~*~*~ Scully looked at the door nervously. "Dr. Mark Pomerantz Psychotherapy Regression Hypnosis Energy Fields" She read on the door. Tentatively, she opened it and walked inside. ~*~*~ "What I'm going to do is induce an non-ordinary state, a modified form of hypnosis which involves what is called holotropic breath work. This will quiet your interpretive mind so that we can cut through the interference with your memories and perceptions. Now, what I want you to do is to maintain a focus on your breath... relax your breathing," said Dr. Pomerantz. Scully followed his instructions. "Now, I want you to close your eyes and think of a place where you've always felt completely comfortable and safe," He told her. Scully closed her eyes. ~*~*~ "Daddy? Can we build a tree house?" a young Dana Scully asked her father. "Sure, Starbuck. Which tree do you want it in?" her father replied, indulging his youngest daughter. He was on leave and wasn’t due back for two more weeks; he had plenty of time to kill. ~*~*~ They bought wood, paints and cheap, plastic furniture to put in the tree house. Now all that was left was to build it. ~*~*~ Dana and her father spent three full days building, painting, and finally, furnishing the house. William had promise each of his other children that he’d spend time with them as soon as the tree house was done. Maggie wasn’t very happy with his unequal distribution of time, but there wasn’t anything she could do about it. She had talked to him, telling him that all the children needed his attention, not just Dana, but she couldn’t break the special father-daughter bond that Dana and her husband seemed to have. William was true to his word, and when the tree house was done he spent time with Missy, Bill, and Charlie, each individually, giving them all the same attention he had given Dana. *~*~*~ When William left, Dana went through the family photo albums and found a picture of her and her father. She put it in a picture frame and took it into the tree house. Dana slept there for almost a month after her father left, feeling closest to him in the tree house they’d built together. ~*~*~ Time passed as Dr. Pomerantz waited until he was sure Scully was in her safe place. "You told me of your experience of being taken away and losing time. Do you remember how you felt just before this happened?" he asked, waiting for a response. ~*~*~ ~*~*~ The End.