Title: The Return Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: G Category: VRA Keywords: MSR, AU, Missing Scene Spoilers: Within Summary: Is Mulder really back? Disclaimer: Mulder and Scully aren’t mine, they belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No infringement is intended and no money is being made off of the use of these characters. ~*~*~ Scully thought she saw Mulder standing outside. She closed her eyes and shook her head, not believing her eyes. When she looked back outside he was gone. ‘I’m seeing things.’ Scully thought to herself, not getting her hopes up, all the while wishing he really was there. ~*~*~ Mulder stood there staring at the window. He knew she was there, but he was nervous about going back. Unsure of what to do, he stood and watched her approach the window. ‘I miss you.’ He thought to himself as he watched her. He wondered how she would react if he went to her now. Would she accept him back after his disappearance? He knew he’d only been gone a few days, but that didn’t stop him from worrying. He knew how mad she’d been the other times he’d ditched her, and this was, in effect, no different. Would she believe that it’s really him? Mulder wanted to go see her, to hold her, to feel her, to touch her. He couldn’t leave now. He couldn’t go away without at least seeing her. Looking at the window, he saw her shaking her head. ‘She saw me. She knows I’m here!’ Mulder thought. ‘What do I do? Do I go to her? Leave? Keep standing here?’ ~*~*~ Upon hearing a knock on her door, Scully went to answer it. She looked through the peephole and didn’t believe her eyes. She shook her head and looked through the peephole again, still seeing Mulder in front of her door. She stared, expecting him to somehow change shape or form. "Scully?" she heard him ask. "Scully? You there? You okay?" he waited for an answer. Soon enough he heard the chain come off the door and the door unlock. He waited for it to open, but nothing happened. "Mulder?" Scully tentatively asked, praying that this was real. "Scully, it’s me." She opened the door, her gun trained on him. "Kitchen." She ordered, and Mulder obediently went to the kitchen, Scully close behind him. Finding a sharp knife, she took Mulder’s hand. He watched in understanding as she pricked his finger. ‘Please let it be red. Please let it be red. Please let it be red.’ Was the mantra that repeated in her head as she cut his finger. They both watched as the blood made its way out of his finger. It was red. Scully dropped the knife and exhaled. Her knees were weak and she collapsed against Mulder. "It’s you. It’s really you. You’re back." She said, looking up at him, still unsure of whether this was real. "I’m here Scully." He told her. Tears ran down her cheeks as she pulled Mulder closer to her, kissing him. She pulled way a few seconds later. Mulder looked at her, silently asking her what was wrong. She smiled and said, "Welcome home." ~*~*~ The End.