Title: You Are Not Alone Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: VAR Keywords: MSR, Missing Scene, Songfic Spoilers: Trust No1 Summary: "Another day has gone..." Disclaimer: The characters from The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions, and FOX. No money is being made off of these characters and no infringement is intended. Notes: I got this idea when I was trying to fall asleep listening to a CD. The lyrics in the fic are from the song ‘You Are Not Alone’ hence the title of the fic. The summary is a line from the song. ~*~*~ Scully despondently walked to the car and out of the quarry. She hadn’t been able to find him. Doggett and Reyes had left hours ago, trying to convince Scully he wasn’t there. But she said she had to find out herself. Scully persisted; she kept looking, searching for Mulder - for any sign of him - but found nothing. Turning on the radio, she flipped through the stations. She didn’t want to be alone with her thoughts. She went to pick up William from her mother’s and then drove to the internet café. ~*~*~ As she pulled into a parking space in front of the Internet café, a song caught her attention. She’d heard it many times before, but only now truly listened to the words. "Another day has gone/ I’m still all alone/ How could this be/ You’re not here with me," the radio hummed. Another day without you. Another day spent missing you, wishing you were here - with me and with our son. You’re supposed to be here, Mulder. Supposed to be here with us, raising William, together, as a family. You were supposed to get off that train today to come back to us. "You never said goodbye/ Someone tell me why/ Did you have to go/ And leave my world so cold," the song continued. You were supposed to get off the train, but you didn’t - couldn’t. I didn’t even get to see you through the window, get confirmation that you’re all right. The train continued right past the station and to some unknown destination. They didn’t listen. They didn’t listen to me. I told them to stop the train. Tried to convince them to stop so you could get off. They wouldn’t listen. They wouldn’t let me see you, not even to say goodbye. I felt cold inside, empty. I wanted to physically injure the man on the walkie-talkie telling the train to continue - to take you away from me. "Every day I sit and ask myself/ How did love slip away," We were so close, Mulder, so close. You were on your way back; we would have been together again, but the opportunity slipped through our fingers. "Something whispers in my ear and says/ That you are not alone/ I am here with you/ Though you’re far away/ I am here to stay," I hope you’re okay, safe, wherever you are. I know you’re alive, Mulder. I can feel it. I’d know it if you were dead. I just pray that you stay that way. I see more and more of you in William every day. Each time he does something new he reminds me of you. You and your enthusiasm and courage. Your lack of fear of the unknown. He looks more and more like you every day. I miss you, we both do. ~*~*~ Scully jabbed at the ‘power’ button, turning the radio off. Tears welled up in her eyes. She swiped at them, trying to prevent herself from crying. She turned off the car, took William out of his car seat and kissed his little baby nose. She put him in his stroller and entered the Internet café, hoping Mulder would come home soon. ~*~*~ The End.