Title: New Addition Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: G Category: V Keywords: Pre X-Files Spoilers: none Summary: A new addition to the family. Disclaimer: The characters from The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No money is being made and no infringement is intended. Notes: Written for the Samantha's Stories archive. ~~~~ Fox perched near the window, waiting for his parents to return. They'd gone to the hospital a few days ago, telling Fox they'd bring him a new sister. Fox was looking forward to another person to play with, but he was getting anxious. He'd never been left with his grandparents for this long before. Being only four years old, he was used to his parents attention, not his grandparents pushing him to the side while watching TV. When the car finally pulled into the driveway and up to the house, Fox was relieved. He was glad his parents were home again, and wanted his new play pal to arrive. Fox wondered what his new sister would be like. His mother and father entered the house. Fox looked around, expecting a little girl about his size to walk through the door after them. "Where is she?" Fox asked after his father closed the door. His mother kneeled in front of him. "She's right here," she said as Fox peered into his mothers arms. "But she's so small," he stated, befuddled. "Yes, she is," his mother agreed, placing his new sister in her crib. "What's her name?" "Samantha." Fox looked around again, still hoping to see a girl his size. He sighed and went to his room. It was past his bedtime. ~~~~ The next day Fox went to see Samantha. He peered through the bars of her crib. "Sammy, wake up." Fox whispered, poking her gently through the bars. She gurgled and rolled over. "Sammy, wake up." Fox tried again, a bit louder. "Sammy," he whined. "Wake up." She slowly opened her eyes and looked around, disoriented. Her shrieking and yelling pierced his ears; he ran out of the room, scared. "Mom! Mom!" "What's wrong, Fox? What happened?" his mother questioned as she rushed past him, not waiting for an answer. When the crying finally ceased, Fox tentatively reentered the room. "Mom?" he asked. "When can we return her?" ~~~~ The End.