Title: Ma Omrot Eina'ich Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: I guess... LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: VA Keywords: M/S Friendship/UST Disclaimer: Mulder and Scully belong to Chris Carter, 1013, and FOX. No infringement is intended and no money is being made off of these fics. Summary: The eyes are the windows to the soul. Notes: Ma Omrot Eina'ich is in Hebrew, and it means What do your eyes say? in the feminine form. Got this idea from a song by Ofra Haza. ~^~ ~^~ I see the hopelessness and desperation in her eyes. She feels responsible. We couldn't catch the killer fast enough and three more innocent women died. ~^~ She's crying. She's crying and I dont know why. I whisper words of comfort, but they seem to be of little help. I stop talking and just hold her. I see the pain and saddness in her eyes but have no idea how to fix it. I have no idea why its there - where it came from - what's causing it. I feel helpless. I can't do anything to take away her pain. I rub her back and let her cry, hoping she'll tell me what's wrong. ~^~ Nightmares. She's been having nightmares every night this week because of that case. I noticed her restlessness and weariness at work but chose not to comment. I should have. I should have asked her what was wrong. I should have asked if she was ok. I should have asked if she wanted to talk. But I didnt. ~^~ I never wished this plague of insomnia upon her. I never wanted her to have nightmares because of our work, because of what she saw. I had hoped that she would be able to leave the work at work and go home and forget about it. That's something I've never been able to do. She stops crying and looks up at me. I see shame and fear in her eyes. What is she ashamed of? What is she afraid of? Is she ashamed of crying? Is she afraid that I'll respect her less because she cried? I wipe the tears off of her face and tilt her head up to look at me. I see the regret in her eyes. I hope she's not regretting coming to me about this. I know I havent been much help, but it feels good to know that she trusts me so implicitly that she can come to me even if I dont know the problem. That she can seek comfort from me even if I dont know what's wrong and dont know how to fix it or make it better. I hold her and kiss her forehead. We sit like that for a while, content to be in each others embrace. ~^~ She pulls away and looks at me. I see gratitude and tenderness in her eyes. ~^~ ~^~ The End.