Title: Liar Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: R Category: VA Keywords: Missing Scene Spoilers: Redux Summary: It's deionized water. How does Mulder react? Disclaimer: The characters from The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No money is being made and no infringement is intended. Notes: For the After_the_Fact Redux Challenge. ~~~~ Lone Gunmen Headquarters "It's deionized water. It's nothing more than that." Byers glumly told Mulder. "I'm sorry man," Frohike said. "That lying son of a bitch," Mulder growled. "Mulder?" Langly questioned. "Kritschgau. He set me up. He knew I'd go after it." Mulder paced back and forth. "He knew I'd go after it to save Scully." He kept thinking. "That's why he went to Scully in the first place. To try to gain my trust. So I'd believe him." The gunmen listened. "He knew my apartment was being surveilled - was part of it." Mulder violently spun around and kicked the garbage can. "Fuck!" Frohike walked over to Mulder, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You'll find a cure," Frohike reassured. "He told me, he told me his son needed a cure. He believed it was in there, with Scully's. He lied." Mulder stated, seemingly ignoring Frohike. "There was nothing there. Not for his son, and not for Scully." He kicked the garbage can again, knocking it over. Mulder looked at Frohike. "I've gotta - I'm gonna -" Mulder paused. "Scully," he stated, grabbing his coat and walking out the door. The gunmen looked at each other, silently praying Mulder would find a cure. ~~~~ The End.