Title: The Janitor Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: R for language Category: V Keywords: Missing Scene from Little Green Men Timeline: Takes place after Mulder leaves for the night, leaving a big pile of sunflower seed shells on the floor. Summary: One janitor’s musings. Disclaimer: Jorge the janitor is mine. Mulder isn't. He belongs to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions, and FOX. No infringement is intended and no money is being made off of this fic. Notes: This fic was written for After_the_Fact Little Green Men fic challenge. ~*~*~ "Again?!" The janitor exclaimed as he saw the shells on the floor. "It's like he doesn't know what a fucking garbage can is!" Jorge ranted. "At least when he was in the basement I didn’t have to clean up after him, I just had to make sure the door was locked when I left." He swept the sunflower seed shells into a pile and threw them away. Proceeding to clean the rest of the room, his monologue continued. "Inconsiderate son-of-a-bitch. No one ever cares about janitors. We don’t exist to them; we're just pesky little mosquitoes that mess up their offices by putting everything away in its rightful place. Just pesky little pond scum that everyone wants to get rid of." Jorge grumbled as he continued to clean. "He couldn’t just be reasonable and use the fucking garbage can once in a while..." he trailed off. "I have a family too God damn it! And it would be nice if I could actually get home early enough to spend time with my children before they go to sleep. But of course not. I have to stay here and clean after these pigs." grumbled Jorge. "Oh fucking shit!" He yelled as he bumped into the garbage can and its contents spilled all over the floor. He kicked the garbage can in anger. "I hate my job." Jorge said sadly as he swept the garbage off the floor and into the garbage can again. After cleaning in silence for a few minutes, Jorge started talking again. "His partner isn’t bad though. She doesn’t look too bad either." He chuckled and continued. "He cleans for her. At least, he makes sure the floor is clean when he knows she’s coming. I can’t say about the desk though." Jorge grunted as he moved the cabinet away from the wall. As he continued cleaning he continued talking. "Makes it easy to tell when she’s been here. I wonder where she’s been recently. The floor has been full of shells every day this week." The janitor mused. "I wish she’d come more often; makes my job a lot easier - no need to sweep!" Jorge pushed the cabinet back against the wall and yawned. "I wish I had music with me." He stopped and stretched, cracking his back and knuckles. He looked around the room again, seeing a few stray shells still on the floor. "One of these days I’m just going to leave the room as it is and let him deal with his fucking mess." Jorge angrily stated. "Then why don’t you?" Jorge whirled around upon hearing the voice, and watched Mulder enter the room. Jorge didn’t dare ask for how long he’d been there, and Mulder didn’t bring it up. "Forgot my jacket." Mulder stated, motioning towards the chair. Jorge turned to look and sure enough, a jacket sat draped over the chairs backing. ‘Why didn’t I notice that there?’ Jorge wondered as Mulder got his jacket and headed back out the door. "I’ll use the garbage can next time!" Mulder called over his shoulder as he walked down the hallway and out of sight. Jorge rolled his eyes as Mulder left. ‘I wonder where he’s going.’ Jorge thought to himself. ‘Is he going home? Going to see his partner?’ He quickly finished cleaning, gathered his stuff, and closed and locked the door. Walking to the next room, he said, "One down, three to go. Maybe I’ll be home on time tonight to put my kids to bed." He told himself. "And hopefully these people used their garbage cans." ~*~*~ The End.