Title: Identification Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: V Keywords: Missing Scene Spoilers: Gethsemane Summary: Who finds Mulder's body? Disclaimer: The characters of The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No money is being made and no infringement is intended. Notes: For the After_the_Fact Gethsemane Challenge. *~* "Mr. Mulder?" the landlord knocked on Mulder's apartment door. "I know you're in there, I saw you enter the building," he yelled. "Mr. Mulder? Is everything okay in there?" Mr. Asaki questioned, becoming worried. He waited a few more moments before taking out his master key and unlocking the door. He walked into the apartment, cautiously looking around. "Mr. Mulder?" he asked again, hoping to elicit a response. Mr. Asaki peeped his head into the kitchen, but saw nothing. Continuing his search, he looked in the living room. Upon seeing a figure on the floor he neared closer. "Mr. Mulder?" the landlord tentatively asked. "Oh, God." Mr. Asaki rushed to the bathroom, emptying his stomach. Upon flushing the toilet, he headed towards the phone to call the police. *~* 3 minutes later... He paced the hallway impatiently. 'The police should be here by now' Mr. Asaki thought to himself. He continued pacing. *~* After 7 more minutes... Two police men rushed out of the elevator, and three more stormed out of the stairwell. "What happened?" a detective asked him. "I came to tell Mr. Mulder that his check for the rent bounced. When he didn't answer the door I got worried so I went in, and I found him, like that." he said, gesturing into Mulder's apartment. "It's 5 a.m." The detective stated, asking why he was there at such an early hour. "He's usually awake at this hour. He doesn't sleep very much." The detective let it go. "Do you have any information we can use about him? Where he worked, how old he was, his next of kin?" "In my office." The detective nodded, giving Mr. Asaki permission to leave the scene and get the requested information. *~* Mr. Asaki quickly returned with the information and handed the paper to the police detective. The detective scanned the paper, until he found the next of kin. "Phone?" "In there," he pointed into Mulder's apartment. The detective nodded and walked inside. *~* "Scully," Scully said upon answering the phone. "Dana Scully?" "Yes." "This is detective Rempulski with the Alexandria police department. We need you to identify a body; a supposed Fox William Mulder," the detective told her in a monotonous voice. "Where?" Scully asked, choking back tears. "Apartment 42, 2630 Hegal Place." Scully shakily exhaled. "I'll be right there." Scully tilted her head back, not allowing the tears to fall. She'd known this was coming; they'd discussed this, talked about it, planned everything out. She had tried to prepare herself. She thought she was ready. Scully knew it wasn't real, but it still pained her to have to receive that phone call. She grabbed her coat and rushed to her car, driving to Mulder's apartment at full speed. *~* Scully flashed her badge, allowing her access to Mulder's apartment. "Excuse me." She said, people parting to allow her into the room. "Let her through." Someone said. Scully walked from the foyer to the living room where a photographer stood, taking pictures. She walked in and saw a body with a sheet over it on the floor in front of the couch. "Detective Rempulski, Alexandria P.D. Thanks for coming down to do this," he said as he lifted the sheet over the face and looked at Scully. "It him?" "Yeah," Scully said shakily as she turned around and left the room. *~* The End.