Title: Checking In Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: LaughsR@prodigy.net Rating: PG Category: V Keywords: Missing Scene Spoilers: Demons Summary: Scully's conversation with the hotel manager. Disclaimer: The characters from The X-Files are not mine. They belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions and FOX. No money is being made and no infringement is intended. Notes: Written for the After_the_Fact Demons challenge. ~~~~ Scully entered the office and walked up to the counter. "Excuse me," she told the boy as she took out her badge. "Can you tell me when Fox Mulder checked into the hotel?" The boy sighed heavily as he sauntered over to her from his relaxed position leaning against the wall, watching a hand-held television set. "What, you his girlfriend? Checking up on him? Sorry miss. I can't to that," he snidely remarked as he turned around and headed towards the back room. Scully was not in the mood for these ridiculous games. "I am an FBI agent conducting a murder investigation," she growled at him. "If you do not cooperate and refuse to give me this information I will have you arrested - charged with obstruction of justice and will make sure you do not have a job to return to. Now, can you tell me when Fox Mulder checked into this hotel?" Scully finished, hoping her little speech would entice the boy to give her the needed information. The boy looked at her, his faced turning red. Shock and fear radiated off of him in waves. "Uh, um, let me get the manager," he replied, stumbling over the words as he disappeared from view. The manager stormed out of the back room a few seconds later. "Hello," he greeted Scully. "What seems to be the problem?" She took a deep breath before starting. "I'm Special Agent Dana Scully with the FBI. I'm looking for information about a Fox Mulder who checked into this hotel sometime in the past week." The manager typed instructions into the computer and waited for it to load. "Can I ask what you need this for?" he inquired. "A murder investigation," Scully replied in a clipped tone, barring further discussion. The boy stuck his head out of the back room to see how things were progressing - one glimpse of Scully's expression told him he'd better stay out of sight. The manager clicked a few more keys on the keyboard and the printer whirred, spitting out the information on the screen. Scully glanced at the printout, absorbing the information. "When did he check in?" "Saturday afternoon." "Did he check in alone?" "Yes, ma'am," he said, confirming everything the printout told her. "Did anyone visit him in his time here?" "Not according to our records." Scully nodded. "Were any phone calls placed or received from or to his room?" "None were recorded in the phone log," he answered after quickly searching the computer database. "Do you know if he left the hotel at any time during his stay?" "As far as we're aware, he slept the entire time. He was there each time the rooms were cleaned." Scully paused for a moment, and the manager looked hopeful, wanting this interrogation to end. "If you remember anything else, let me know," Scully told him as she placed a card on the counter in front of him. Turning, she exited the lobby and calmed herself before returning to Mulder. ~~~~ The End.