Title: Back From the Dead Author: Rotem Shahar Feedback: Send to Laughsr@prodigy.net Rating: PG Spoilers: Requiem, This is Not Happening, Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath Category: S, R, A Keywords: MSR, Alternate Ending for TiNH, AU Disclaimer: Mulder, Scully, Skinner and Jeremiah aren't mine. They belong to 1013 Productions, FOX, and Chris Carter. No infringement is intended and no money is being made. Summary: He was gone for three months but now he’s back. Notes: Cathey told me to write a fic where instead of the 'real' ending to TiNH, Jeremiah goes with Scully to find Mulder and heals him and what happens after that. So, I did! ~*~*~ Scully and Jeremiah ran through the trees as fast as they could, finally stopping in the clearing with the other agents. "How badly is he hurt?" Scully frantically yelled. Jeremiah pushed past her and kneeled down next to Mulder. "Move away from us." Jeremiah told the agents, placing a hand on Mulder's forehead and a hand on Mulder's chest. The agents stood and stared, not a single one of them moving. "He said back away from them!" Scully shouted, gesturing for them to move with her hands. Everyone jumped back, not wanting to anger Scully any more. Jeremiah closed his eyes in concentration. A bright light flashed, blinding everyone. ~*~*~ Mulder recognized the noises before he had even opened his eyes. He knew where he was. God knows he'd been there enough times. Another hospital. 'What happened to me?' Mulder wondered. But something felt off. Something was missing. But he wasn’t sure what it was. The last thing he remembered was going back to Oregon with Skinner. ‘Scully! Where is she? Is she okay??’ He then realized what was wrong. Scully wasn’t there to greet him. She wasn’t holding his hand; she wasn’t sitting next to the bed. "Scully??" He asked, worried as to what happened. "Mulder!" He heard her reply. His head whipped around. Scully was sitting a bed next to him. "Scully, what’s wrong? What happened?" She got up and moved next to him. "I’m, I’m not sure what happened. Mulder, when we found you," she took a deep breath, "you, you were dead." She brushed away the stray tear that rolled down her cheek. Mulder pulled her towards him, laying her down next to him. Scully was reminded of when they were in Oregon. She had come to his room, not feeling well, and he helped her into bed and just held her. Mulder kissed her cheek and she continued. "Jeremiah. Jeremiah Smith. He saved you, Mulder. He brought you back to life." Scully turned to face him. Mulder gently kissed her lips as he swept his thumbs across her cheeks, wiping away the tears she had shed. "How long have I been gone?" Mulder asked, knowing that nothing he would say would help Scully cope with what she had seen. "3 months." Scully said sadly. "I’m sorry." Mulder apologized, realizing she must have felt the same way he did when she had been abducted. "It’s not you’re fault. You were just trying to protect me." Scully kissed Mulder, showing her love for him. "You’re back." She told him when she pulled away, running her fingers over his face, convincing herself that he was real, not just a figment of her imagination. "I’m here Scully." Mulder whispered, pulling her towards him again. Scully rested her head on his shoulder. "Mulder?" "Yeah?" "There’s something I need to tell you." "What is it? What’s wrong? Are you okay?" Scully laughed. "No, nothing’s wrong. I’m," She paused for a second, gathering her courage. "I’m pregnant." ~*~*~ The End.